Many people want to have smooth hair-free skin so that they hit the beach or the party scene. Laser hair removal offers the best methods of completely getting rid of unwanted hair from the body.
Dermis Advanced Skin Care offers laser hair removal treatments in Ottawa. The following steps will help you prepare for laser hair removal.
- Choose an experienced and certified dermatologist or cosmetic surgeon to carry out laser hair removal treatments. Always check to see the credentials and experience of the physician before getting the laser hair removal.
- Make an appointment for a consultation with the physician. The consultation offers the opportunity to review medical history, discuss the pros and risks of the procedure, and to develop a treatment plan.
- Carefully follow the instructions of the physician to improve the maximum effectiveness of laser treatment and to reduce discomfort during the procedure.
- Ensure that you shave the areas that will be treated to reduce your discomfort. These areas should be shaved a day or two before the appointment for your treatment.
- Clean your skin and ensure it is free of powders, body sprays, deodorants, perfumes, makeup or lotions on the treatment day.
- Avoid waxing or plucking for at least one month before laser hair removal treatment. Avoid other hair removal methods such as chemical hair removers, mechanical epilators, and electrolysis since they can affect the effectiveness of laser treatment.
- Refrain from bleaching the hair on your face or any other part of the body. However, you can exfoliate before laser hair removal.
- Dermis Advanced Skin Care recommends staying out of the sun and avoiding sinless tanning products for about four weeks before treatment. Pigmentation on the skin such as tanned areas will reduce the effectiveness of laser treatments.
- People worried about discomfort during laser hair removal treatment can take pain medication right before the appointment. Laser treatments have little discomfort compared to waxing with some people comparing it to the snapping of a rubber band against the skin.
- If your dermatologist prescribes oral antibiotics or antiviral medication, ensure that you complete the provided prescription.
You may require a series of appointments to ensure complete hair removal through laser treatments. On average, the majority of people require four or six laser treatments to get rid of unwanted hair for good. Make an appointment with Dermis Advanced Skin Care today and commence the journey to smooth hair-free skin.